I received information today about an update for the Windows version of Family Tree Maker 2012. I’ll hasten to add that although updates are normal for new versions of any software on the market this one is significant because of the features we purchased in the 2012 version.
There’s quite a list of improvements and fixes and, in the grand scheme, fixes are normal too. So we’ll start with the fixes listed below:
- Tree sync errors are resolved
- Upload and Download and sync performance issues have been fixed
- Implied relationships are now created on Ancestry tree
- Media download time-out (3 hrs) has been fixed
- Issues with sync indicators, states, icons, and sync refresh messaging issues have been resolved
- Better handling of deleted relationships
There is also a list of general performance improvements and quite a list of other improvements and new features.
Instructions are also available on how to manually download and where to look in Family Tree Maker 2012 to find out if you’ve successfully installed the new updates.
Click on Family Tree Maker 2012 Program Updates to see details of the fixes and changes.