The following is a news release from Ancestry.com about the release of Family Tree Maker for Mac2. It has a long list of improvements:
“PROVO, Utah, Dec. 15, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Ancestry.com (Nasdaq:ACOM) today announced the release of Family Tree Maker® for Mac 2, the improved version of the world’s No.1 selling family history software, now offering TreeSync™, a feature which enables family history enthusiasts to sync their desktop family tree and their tree online at Ancestry.com.
“Our mission as a company is to help everyone to discover, preserve and share their family history — whether you’re a beginner or expert,” said Eric Shoup, Senior Vice President of Product for Ancestry.com. “Now with the new TreeSync feature, Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 provides easier access and sharing capabilities, making family history research more rewarding than ever before.”
TreeSync enables family historians to sync their online tree at Ancestry.com and their desktop family tree, including attached photos and other historical records. Family Tree Maker users can now share the online version of their desktop tree with invited family and friends and continue their research from wherever they are. With the combination of Ancestry.com, the Ancestry mobile app and the new Family Tree Maker, users can work on their family tree anywhere, anytime.
The new software comes with a free membership or free trial to Ancestry.com that gives users access to over 6 billion U.S. historical records, and millions of memory-making historical photos, stories and family trees. Membership with Ancestry.com connects Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 users to the largest online family history community in the world, and helps users find other members who might be researching the same ancestors so they can compare notes and discover more together.
Other improvements in Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 include:
- A blended family view shows combined families, including stepfamilies and adoptees at a glance
- An expanded Web Dashboard shows which Ancestry.com members are searching for the user’s ancestors. Links provide further information
- New chart backgrounds make it easy to create beautiful charts to share with friends and family perfect for the holiday season
- Unique capabilities exclusive to the Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 version include:
- Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 now exclusively offers iSight or built in camera integration to conveniently capture photos and import them directly into Family Tree Maker
- Full screen mode gives the ability to remove toolbars for more usable space on Macs using OS X Lion
Pricing and availability
Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 is now available online for purchase or download at http://www.familytreemaker.com starting at $69.99. Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 can also be found at select retailers such as Amazon.com, Fry’s and MicroCenter.
System requirements for Family Tree Maker for Mac include:
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Intel-based Mac
- Internet access is required for all Web integration
Ancestry.com Inc. (Nasdaq:ACOM) is the world’s largest online family history resource, with approximately 1.7 million paying subscribers. More than 7 billion records have been added to the site in the past 15 years. Ancestry users have created more than 29 million family trees containing over 3 billion profiles. In addition to its flagship site www.ancestry.com, Ancestry.com offers localized Web sites designed for nine countries that empower people to discover, preserve and share their family history.”