If you’re a regular Facebook user as well as a family historian you’ll be interested to know about Ancestry.com’s new future that allows members to use Facebook to add information and new people to family trees:
“We are excited to announce the release of a new feature that allows Ancestry members to use Facebook to add information and new people to family trees quickly and easily. When you attach Facebook information to someone in your tree you’ll get the following:
- Photos: We’ll pull the most recent profile photo from Facebook into your tree. When your cousin Jen updates her Facebook profile photo, it’s automatically updated in your tree.
- Find Long Lost Relatives:We’ll use Facebook to suggest people who might be family members–
just click to accept. As relatives grow their trees you’ll get even more hints about people to add.
- Birthdays:If your relative includes their birth date in Facebook, we’ll grab it for you and insert it into your tree.
- Quick Contact: Remember that cool photo of Grandma that your uncle has hanging on his wall? When he is added to your family tree from Facebook you have instant access to his Facebook profile right from your tree. Just click through and send him a message on Facebook asking for a copy of that cool photo.
- Simple Sourcing: When we pull data from Facebook, we’ll create Source citations so you know where the data came from.”
To see the easy how-to steps click on Ancestry.com Blog.