The Family History Library has a policy change for patrons requesting copies from the library in Salt Lake City, Utah, as follows:
“Please note the following change in the policy for patrons who are requesting copies from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.
All requests for information copied from films, book pages, CDs, marriage, death or birth certificates, wills and/or deeds, etc. will be copied in digital format and emailed to patrons in a zipped PDF or JPG file format. There is no charge for this service if we are able to email to information to patrons.
If a patron does not have an email address, we can mail the information to the patron using the US Postal Service. However, as much as possible, we will rely on emailing all requests for information through the internet. If patrons do not own a computer or do not have an email address, they can request to have the information emailed to their local Family History Center, where they can print the information at the center.
Patrons should request copies by emailing their request to Photoduplication@familysearch.org. All requests MUST include the following information:
- Film or Fiche number
- Item number
- Name of Individual(s) referred to in the record
- Title of the record
- Name of parents, spouse, grantor, grantee, etc.
- Event type (Birth, Death or Marriage)
- Complete event date and place
- Event place (county, parish, township, etc.)
- Volume or page number
- Registration or Certificate Number
- Any other information that will help us locate your record.”